These instructions apply to both the DMC.micro and DMC.micro PRO. In the text below, DMC.micro PRO menu items are in BOLD followed by the DMC.micro item in parentheses. Example: MAX PRESET (PRST).
TRS MIDI connections
- Connect the DMC.micro MultiJack to the pedal's CTRL port using a 1/4" TS to 1/4" TS cable. You can also use the DMC.micro's 5-pin DIN MIDI output with a TRS MIDI converter or Strymon MIDI EXP cable.
- Use the web editor to configure the pedal's control port for TRS MIDI In.
- Use the web editor to set the pedal's MIDI Channel to match the DMC.micro device it will be assigned to (A=1, B=2, C=3, D=4).
- In the DMC.micro setup menu, configure the MULTIJACK (JACK) as MIDI TIP (MID.T).
USB MIDI connections
The DMC.micro supports one USB MIDI device on MIDI channel 1 (only device A).
- In the DMC.micro setup menu, set USB to HOST.
- Use the web editor to set the pedal's MIDI Channel to 1. That is the default, so if you have never changed the MIDI channel you can skip this step.
- Power off the DMC.micro and pedal.
- Connect the pedal to the DMC.micro using the Disaster Area Designs gHOST adapter cable.
- Connect power to the DMC.micro.
- As soon as the display lights up, hold the left footswitch to enter setup mode.
- Press the left and right footswitches to scroll through the setup menu.
- Scroll to the DEVICE (DEV) you wish to assign the pedal to. This also sets the MIDI channel used by the DMC.micro. Note that only DEVICE A (DEV.A) on MIDI channel 1 is supported for USB MIDI.
- Hold the left footswitch to edit the device setting.
- Use the left and right footswitches to scroll through the available devices. Select PANDA TENS (TENS) for the Tensor or PANDA PRT2 (PRT2) for the Particle and other pedals.
- Hold the left footswitch to return to the main menu.
- Hold the right footswitch to save the settings and exit.
Tensor: hold both footswitches while changing presets on the DMC.micro.
Particle 2: hold the PRESET/SAVE button while changing presets on the DMC.micro.
Context 2:hold the SHIFT button while changing presets on the DMC.micro.
Bitmap 2: hold the PRESET/SAVE button while changing presets on the DMC.micro.
Raster 2: hold the PRESET/SAVE button while changing presets on the DMC.micro. The preset will be saved when you release the PRESET/SAVE button, using the last MIDI program change number that was received (that allows you to update a preset by going up and back down).
You can also use our web editor to save and manage presets.
- Verify that your pedal's MIDI channel is set to the correct channel for the DMC.micro's assigned device. Device A is channel 1, B is channel 2, C is channel 3, and D is channel 4.
- If you are using USB, verify that the DMC.micro USB is set to HOST.
- Verify that you have the latest firmware installed on your DMC.micro and pedal. Firmware updates are available on our web site.
- Use the Preset tab of our web editor to send MIDI program change messages. Selecting a preset will send a MIDI program change message, exactly like the DMC.micro does.
- Connect the DMC.micro to a computer or iOS device via MIDI (not HOST mode) and use a MIDI monitor to confirm it is sending the expected program changes.
- Contact us if you need additional assistance.